OKC Thunder's Derek Fisher: 'It's happening before our eyes'
OKLAHOMA CITY 107, SAN ANTONIO 99 — From analysts to players, just about everyone had a little something to say after Game 6 of the Western Conference Finals.
Here's a look at what players, coaches and analysts were saying during and after Game 6 of the Western Conference Finals:
* TNT analyst Steve Kerr in the first half: “This is a flashback to that Game 2 performance by the Spurs.”
Videoview all videos
Jun 7ESPN or TNT for NBA coverage? Berry Tramel and Jenni...
Jun 7Berry Tramel and Jenni Carlson answer reader emails,...
Jun 7Berry Tramel and Jenni Carlson go five topics in five...
Jun 7Kevin Durant had 34 points and 14 rebounds, as OKC...
Jun 7Berry Tramel and Jenni Carlson recap OKC's thrilling...
Photoview all 96 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
* Kerr, also in the first half: “The Spurs are easily playing the best game they've played all season.”
* TNT analyst Reggie Miller in the third quarter: “I hope people watching this game realize they're watching greatness grow up. Kevin Durant is willing his team to win.”
* Miller: “Derek Fisher is the modern-day Robert Horry. Big shot after big shot.”
* Thunder guard Derek Fisher: “It's happening before our eyes. We're just playing and doing it for each other. Great things happen when you do it for each other.”
* Thunder GM Sam Presti: “It's a credit to the coaches and the players. This is a special group of people.”
* Thunder coach Scott Brooks: “We were worried about winning one game. But we stuck together just like families do.”
* Thunder forward Kevin Durant: “This was the toughest game I've played. We didn't want to go back to San Antonio.”
* Durant: “This is a blessing to play with these great players in this great city.”
* Kerr: “Just an amazing display of basketball. I don't know if we've ever seen a 23-year old quite like Kevin Durant. He was just unbelievable.”
* Kerr: “I would give Oklahoma City the advantage over (Miami or Boston). This is a terrific team and I think they're well equipped to go on and win a championship.”
* TNT analyst Charles Barkley: “Too young. Too good. The Thunder was just the better team.”
* Spurs guard Manu Ginobili: “We can't have their legs, their energy. We're never going to jump as high or run as fast (as the Thunder).”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments