OKC Thunder's Kendrick Perkins says tussle with Dallas' Dirk Nowitzki 'just playoff basketball'
Videoview all videos
May 2The Thunder star has been in a shooting rut in the past...
May 2Who will take Game 3 in the Thunder-Mavs series of the...
May 1Darnell Mayberry and Jenni Carlson discuss how the...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Veteran point guard Derek Fisher, who is stationed in a stall next to Perkins, was asked what he thought of the altercation.
"I don't know if I'd call it an altercation," Fisher said. "These two teams have played just about more than anybody in the league in the last two years. There isn't much space on the floor to operate, so offensively and defensively, guys are going to be pumping and pushing and getting after it."
The Thunder and Mavs indeed have met frequently the past two seasons with eight regular-season games; two preseason games this season; and seven playoff games with two more to come by Saturday.
For OKC, this is the second straight playoff series against Dallas.
"Each side knows each other's personnel and scouting reports," Perkins said. "They probably know all our plays, we know all their plays, so it's really like will-power. A lot of it is just mental toughness and heart and who's going to go get it."
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 13515Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10081Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9722Finding Addyson â€“ One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8902Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6661Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 5295Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 4594Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister