OKC Thunder's Russell Westbrook scores 33, ignites fourth-quarter rally in win
Point guard scored season-high 33 points against Detroit Pistons in 92-90 victory. Detroit is now 0-8 on the season.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
“This one is all on Coach Brooks,” Durant said. “He made the perfect adjustments for us to win by switching every screen and putting the most athletic defenders out there…Coach won this one for us.”
Durant and Ibaka paired up to supply perfect paint protection. In that decisive fourth quarter, they combined for seven of the Thunder's season-high 12 blocked shots, with Durant registering all four of his rejections in the period.
Meanwhile, the Thunder went 18-for-18 from the free throw line in the fourth. First OKC used its free-throw precision to claw back into the game, as nine of the team's first 11 fourth-quarter points were scored at the stripe. Then the Thunder put the finishing touches on the Pistons, who fell to a franchise worst 0-8 start, by going 6-for-6 at the line in the final three minutes.
“We never quit,” Brooks said. “That's one of our trademarks I'm so proud of. We always play hard until the end. There's a lot of games that we don't play well, but there's very few were we don't play hard. And tonight there were so many set-up opportunities to say it wasn't our night; four (games) in five nights, in three different cities. But we didn't use those as excuses nor will we ever. I thought our guys just did a good job of staying with it and playing for 48 minutes.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 13061Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11652Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5853Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5268Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4547OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4352Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4093Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law