BY THE NUMBERS
• 9.5: Size in acres of the new exhibit.
• 14: Times more outdoor space the elephants will have compared with old exhibit.
• 15,600: Square feet of indoor space the elephants will have.
• 24: Ceiling height in feet of the elephant barn.
• 22: Height in feet that a male elephant can reach when standing on two legs.
• 6: Times larger the new pool is compared to the elephants' old one.
• $13 million: Cost of the new elephant exhibit.
• 400: Number of people who can be seated in the demonstration building, where visitors can watch zookeepers work with the elephants.
• 6: Number of adult elephants the new habitat can accommodate comfortably, plus offspring.