OKC's Metropolitan Library System receives large donation
System receives $1.4 million after widow's death.
“We were amazed at how much it was,” Wolfinger said. “She was very quiet and unassuming.”
Metropolitan Library System Executive Director Donna Morris said Taylor's legacy will live on at Belle Isle through her donation. After it is renovated in 2014, the library system will recommend naming an area of the library after the couple.
“Her dream to create a legacy for the Belle Isle Library will long be remembered by those who frequent the library,” Morris said.
Taylor graduated from Norman High School and attended the University of Oklahoma, where she met her husband. Taylor was also active with Trinity Baptist Church and was a longtime member of Twin Hills Golf Club.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 31040Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15616Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10323Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9726Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9655Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8284Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8255Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena