H: ° L: °,
Okla St turns attention to Baylor
"I never get over it," Gundy said. "I'm going to wake up three years from now talking about, or thinking about, this game. Just like I do the Holiday Bowl, just like I did the Cotton Bowl, just like the Texas game from this year. That never really goes away."
For their part, players said they need to play well against Baylor, which has won three of its last four games. During the past two weeks, the Bears knocked off then-No. 2 Kansas State 52-24, then beat Texas Tech 52-45 in overtime.
Behind quarterback Nick Florence, Baylor averages 575.5 yards per game of offense, tops in the Big 12. Oklahoma State is second at 547.9 yards per game. But while the Cowboys are fifth in total defense, Baylor is last in the conference in that category, surrendering an average of 509.7 yards per game.
Oklahoma State has won six straight and 15 of its last 16 games against Baylor, including a 59-24 romp last year, during which the Cowboys effectively controlled the Bears' eventual Heisman Trophy winner, Robert Griffin III, and jumped to a 42-0 lead. Oklahoma State held Griffin without a touchdown pass.
"The challenges with Baylor are going to be the same as it's been the last few weeks," linebacker Shaun Lewis said. "We've been playing some of the top offenses in the country the past month, and the expectation is the same. We want to limit the run game and make them one-dimensional. We know coach is going to come up with a great game plan this week."
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 42155Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15090Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9670Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8506Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8490Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7696Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 7550Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena