Oklahoma among “most Christian” states
Religious census conducted by the Association of Statisticians of American Religious Bodies has Oklahoma among the top five of “most Christian” states.
A Sikh faith community leader recently thanked me for my May 5 story on the recent groundbreaking of a Sikh house of worship at 4525 NW 16.
Sabi Singh with the Sikh Gurdwara of Oklahoma said I left out an important aspect of the April 15 groundbreaking ceremony: members of other faiths were included in the ceremony.
“At a time when instances of tolerance and interfaith understanding are not the norm in the course of reading the news, the ground breaking of this building was performed by a Christian minister, a Jew, a Muslim, a Hindu and a Sikh, with a blessing from each of the faiths being quoted preceding the action,” he told me.
He sent me pictures of the groundbreaking, and I have posted them on the Religion and Values blog at blog.NewsOK.com/religionandvalues.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 14038Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 9697OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6648Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5284Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5183Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5164OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5129Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater