Oklahoma angels find high quality investment deals
Innovation & entrepreneurs: Oklahoma angels find high quality investment deals
DID YOU KNOW
In third quarter of 2012, the median angel investment round size reached a five-quarter high of $640,000.
“We are a for-profit group of accredited investors,” Evans said “We believe that as we create wealth, we create jobs. It's exciting. Through SeedStep Angels, i2E opened the door to things we never would have been involved in. In our part of the state, we are agriculture and oil. To have the opportunity to invest in a life sciences company founded by an entrepreneur who has been doing the research for five or 10 years — that's incredible.”
The capital and expertise to create more startup companies is here in Oklahoma. We need to put it to use.
Scott Meacham is president and CEO of i2E Inc., a nonprofit corporation that mentors many of the state's technology-based startup companies. i2E receives state appropriations from the Oklahoma Center for the Advancement of Science and Technology. Contact Meacham at i2E_Comments@i2E.org.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 22254Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17756Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12801Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 10958Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10241Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9718Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8905OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures