Oklahoma basketball: Aaryn Ellenberg sprains ankle in Sooners' win over TCU
Sophomore guard Sharane Campbell, a former Star Spencer High star, led all scorers with 23 points, including nine straight following Ellenberg's injury.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all 15 photos
Oklahoma missed eight field goals to begin Wednesday's game, allowing the Horned Frogs (7-12, 0-8 Big 12) to take an early 11-0 lead.
Ellenberg's 3-pointer around five minutes into the game halted the Sooners' slump, though, and Oklahoma grabbed the lead for good a few minutes before halftime.
Sophomore guard Sharane Campbell, a former Star Spencer standout, led all scorers with 23 points, including nine straight following Ellenberg's injury.
Freshman Zahna Medley led the Horned Frogs with 18 points.
“We don't need any more situations to make us prove that,” Coale said when asked about her team's continued resilience in the face of adversity.
“That's just sometimes the way it goes. Kids — people, in general — have to give themselves permission to be great, and sometimes necessity enables them to do that.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort