Oklahoma basketball: Amath M'Baye has double-double as Sooners beat Texas Tech
Amath M'Baye recorded his first double-double — 15 points and 13 rebounds — in Oklahoma's 86-71 win over Texas Tech on Wednesday night.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Throughout the entire game, though, M’Baye was hitting jumpers, free throws and even two 3-pointers. He battled under the basket, too. M’Baye felt like this was a step in the right direction — a step toward the M’Baye of old.
“Then again, there’s been a lot of ‘step closers,’” M’Baye said. “Baylor, I thought, was a step closer. West Virginia, I thought was a step closer. Oklahoma State, I thought, was a step closer. I just have to keep my head in there and I’m doing a better job.”
And the Mr. Perfectionist he is, M’Baye still found a few things wrong in his game — including four fouls and “a few missed jumpers and boards.”
“I want to be perfect,” M’Baye said. “I don’t know if it’s possible, but as long as I’m not perfect, I’ll try.”
Josh Gray led Texas Tech (9-15, 2-11) with 26 points.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 85341Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16721OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12445Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11152Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9705Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 9037How to help tornado victims