Oklahoma basketball: No. 23 Sooners beat Kansas State
MANHATTAN, Kan. — Aaryn Ellenberg scored 18 points to lead five Oklahoma players in double figures as the No. 23 Sooners defeated Kansas State 74-68 on Wednesday night.
Joanna McFarland added 10 points and 15 rebounds for Oklahoma (17-5, 7-3 Big 12), which has won 11 straight against Kansas State.
Sharane Campbell scored 14 points, Nicole Griffin 13 and Morgan Hook 11 for Oklahoma. McFarland posted her sixth double-double in conference play, tops in the Big 12, and had at least 10 rebounds for the 11th time in 14 games.
The Wildcats (12-10, 3-7) trailed 63-60 with 2:46 remaining, but the Sooners protected the lead by going 9 for 10 from the free-throw line down the stretch.
Haley Texada had 25 points, Mariah White 15 points and Brittany Chambers 14 points and 11 rebounds for Kansas State.
All of Ellenberg's field goals came from 3-point range, where she was 4 for 7. The Sooners, who lead the nation in 3-point shooting percentage, made 10 of 20 attempts from behind the arc.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 60552Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32931Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 31925Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 12639Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 8214Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5947Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3659Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman