Oklahoma basketball: No. 23 Sooners beat Kansas State
MANHATTAN, Kan. — Aaryn Ellenberg scored 18 points to lead five Oklahoma players in double figures as the No. 23 Sooners defeated Kansas State 74-68 on Wednesday night.
Joanna McFarland added 10 points and 15 rebounds for Oklahoma (17-5, 7-3 Big 12), which has won 11 straight against Kansas State.
Sharane Campbell scored 14 points, Nicole Griffin 13 and Morgan Hook 11 for Oklahoma. McFarland posted her sixth double-double in conference play, tops in the Big 12, and had at least 10 rebounds for the 11th time in 14 games.
The Wildcats (12-10, 3-7) trailed 63-60 with 2:46 remaining, but the Sooners protected the lead by going 9 for 10 from the free-throw line down the stretch.
Haley Texada had 25 points, Mariah White 15 points and Brittany Chambers 14 points and 11 rebounds for Kansas State.
All of Ellenberg's field goals came from 3-point range, where she was 4 for 7. The Sooners, who lead the nation in 3-point shooting percentage, made 10 of 20 attempts from behind the arc.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 82322Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14350Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8268Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7560Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7513How to help tornado victims
- 6279Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 5999Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community