Oklahoma basketball notebook: Beating Oklahoma big for Kansas State
When coach Bruce Weber first came to Kansas State from Illinois, all he heard about Oklahoma was that the Sooners beat the Wildcats twice last year.
Videoview all videos
Feb 3Oklahoma struggled mightily with its shot, hitting only...
Photoview all 16 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
In the first home game since Oklahoma's bench was caught rocking its “three” guitars, Sooner fans were able to show off their air guitars.
The Oklahoma bench made national news for its reaction to a 3-point basket in its game against Texas. The bench players do some move after every Oklahoma 3-pointer.
During the first timeout, the “air guitar cam” let fans could get caught on camera like James Fraschilla, C.J. Cole, D.J. Bennett and Ryan Spangler. Fans rocked out on their air guitars to Guns N' Roses' “Sweet Child of Mine.”
Feb. 4 at Iowa State, 6 p.m.
Feb. 9 vs. Kansas, 3 p.m.
Feb. 11 vs. TCU, 6 p.m.
*Technical fouls were called simultaneously on Oklahoma junior Je'lon Hornbeak and Kansas State reserve Martavious Irving in the second half.
*Had the Sooners won Saturday, they would have matched their win total from last year. They finished the 2011-2012 season 15-16.
*The month of February hasn't been easy for the Sooners in the past three years. They are 3-23 the past three Februaries.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10394Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9157Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5761Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4888Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4371Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4162How to help tornado victims
- 4108Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley