Oklahoma basketball notebook: Buddy Hield played aggressive basketball
Less than a month after suffering a broken foot, the freshman plays a solid game against TCU
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
The same thing happened when junior Amath M'Baye shot a 3-pointer from the almost exact spot.
Pledger and M'Baye sat the bench for much of the second half.
SOONERS IN THE COLISEUM
A couple hundred Sooners made their way to TCU's Daniel-Meyer Coliseum on Saturday afternoon.
The Sooners, dressed in football jerseys and “There's Only One Oklahoma shirts,” seemed to outnumber Horned Frogs fans.
When OU started to slip into a lull in the first half, the fans yelled, “Wake up. Play defense.”
Although OU lost, Sooner fans and players' parents were the last ones to leave the Coliseum. They stood around for about a half hour after the game ended talking to the players and Kruger.
TCU last won a final regular-season home game in 2006-2007 season.
In their inaugural Big 12 season, the Horned Frogs went (2-16)
In Oklahoma's last eight games, the Sooners trailed just 24 minutes. Saturday they trailed the entire game.
TCU ranks No. 239 in RPI.
TCU senior Garlon Green: “I don't think we've been up 20 on a team all year. Being up 20 on a good team like Oklahoma felt really good.”
THE NEXT GAME
Thursday vs. Iowa State at 11:30 p.m., Kansas City, Mo., Big 12 Tournament
BY STEPHANIE KUZYDYM
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 34808Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 28627Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6992Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6680OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4639Tornadoes hit Kan., Okla.; no injuries reported
- 3921OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 3855Student shot dead during botched home invasion