Oklahoma basketball notebook: Coaches worried about Sooners overlooking Red Raiders
With Kansas State next on the agenda, the worries might have been warranted. But the Sooners took care of business and beat Texas Tech, 81-63.
Videoview all videos
Jan 17Romero Osby and Buddy Hield led the way as five Sooners...
Photoview all 17 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Freshman guard Buddy Hield scored five points in 11 seconds. Texas Tech's Jay Crockett committed a foul with 13:32 remaining in the game. Sam Grooms inbounded the pass to Hield, who was position to the far right side of the arc.
Hield drained a 3-pointer to put OU up, 53-42.
Then 11 seconds later, Hield intercepted Texas Tech's inbounds pass and put the ball in for a layup for another two points to give OU a 55-42 lead, its biggest to that point.
*Former Sooner safety and Dallas Cowboys star Roy Williams watched the OU game with his children from the south baseline.
*Estimated attendance: 4,521.
*Oklahoma had 34 points scored in the paint, 28 points from the bench.
THE NEXT THREE
Saturday at Kansas State
Monday vs. Texas
Jan 26. at Kansas
Compiled by Stephanie Kuzydym
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 29552Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 26325Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims