Oklahoma basketball notebook: Freshman guard Buddy Hield returns to the court
Before they ran out of the tunnel, the Sooners stood in a huddle and yelled “Get it Buddy, Get it” before they broke.
The freshman guard had a huge smile as his teammates tried to get him to dance.
Videoview all videos
Mar 7Romero Osby scored a game-high 26 points and the Sooners...
Photoview all 22 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
For the first time in 23 days, Buddy Hield played in a game — a game the Sooners went on to win 83-70 over West Virginia.
“He's full speed,” Oklahoma coach Lon Kruger said.
The guard entered at the 10 minute mark in the first half to a standing ovation and multiple signs that said “Welcome Back, Buddy” and “Buddy Healed.”
In his first play back on the court, the Sooner dove on the court for a loose ball without hesitation.
On Feb. 11 during the TCU game, Hield fractured a bone in his right foot and was supposed to be out four to six weeks. He had surgery on Feb. 12. During his first media interview on Feb. 13, he said that he'd be back sooner than the projected recovery time.
Hield played four minutes on Wednesday and registered one turnover.
“He's a special kid,” Oklahoma senior Romero Osby said about Hield.
OKLAHOMA VS. WEST VIRGINIA IN 2012-2013
Wednesday was the the third meeting between OU and WVU. It was the first time two teams have met that many times during the regular season in Big 12 history.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14804OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10332Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6926Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6240Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6240Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5695Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4108Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?