Oklahoma basketball notebook: Isaiah Cousins plays well in first half, struggles in second
In Oklahoma's first game in the NCAA Tournament, the Sooner freshman played 10 minutes, had six points and no turnovers in the first half. He didn't score again after halftime.
Videoview all videos
Mar 23San Diego State sends Sooners packing from NCAA Tournament
Photoview all 26 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
“When the separation was created, I thought Franklin did a good job of getting into the paint and creating opportunities for others as well as scoring himself,” Oklahoma coach Lon Kruger said. “He's just a terrific all-around player and a tough matchup.”
SOONERS WATCHED FGCU/GEORGETOWN
Sitting in their locker room, Oklahoma watched one Cinderella story unfold Friday.
The Sooners watched the Florida Golf Coast-Georgetown matchup that was happening at the Wells Fargo Center where they were about to play.
It was turned off with about four minutes to go so OU could focus and not think ahead to the next game, but by that point the Eagles were up by 14.
WHERE WAS FITZGERALD?
OU senior forward Andrew Fitzgerald had dreamed of the NCAA Tournament since he was an Oklahoma recruit in high school in Maryland, and when Fitzgerald found out the NCAA Tournament game was going to be in Philly, he got excited that his family and friends would be able to see him play.
But the senior mainly stayed in his warm-ups, watching next to the latest starter that was sat for a rest. He wasn't injured, though.
“For a matchup standpoint and to get Drew in there means getting Roe out of there,” Kruger said. “Roe was really one of the bright spots. We had something going there. Just didn't happen for Drew that way.”
Fitzgerald finished his final game with three minutes of playing time.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 92690Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17105OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12852Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8967Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8623Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8590How to help tornado victims
- 8406Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located