Oklahoma basketball notebook: Shots not falling in Sooners' loss
The Sooners, who entered the game against Kansas leading the Big 12 in scoring offense and field goal percentage, shot just 35.6 percent on Saturday.
The shots went up during Oklahoma's 67-54 loss to Kansas, but not many of them fell through.
The Sooners, who entered Saturday leading the Big 12 in scoring offense and field goal percentage, shot just 28.6 percent in the first half and finished the game shooting 35.6 percent.
Photoview all 10 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Kansas outscored Oklahoma 28-16 in the paint.
WITHEY BLOCK PARTY
Kansas center Jeff Withey is one of the nation's top blockers with 82 blocks this season.
On Saturday, he victimized four of the Sooners.
After a block, the video board showed a montage of Withey's blocks this season along with Withey in a disco outfit inviting fans to his “block party.”
SOONERS STRUGGLES AT KANSAS CONTINUE
OU hasn't won at Allen Fieldhouse since 1993. The Sooners have now lost 12 straight games at Kansas.
Oklahoma is far from the only team to struggle in The Phog, though. The win was Kansas' 33rd consecutive victory at Allen Fieldhouse, matching the fourth-longest home winning streak in school history.
*The Sooners were 9-of-14 from the free-throw line. They entered the game shooting .746 from the charity stripe.
*With his first two points of the game, senior Andrew Fitzgerald became the 39th Oklahoma player to score 1,000 points as a Sooner. Fitzgerald finished with four points and a team-high eight rebounds.
*The Jayhawks' 17-game winning streak is the longest in the nation.
*Kansas out-rebounded OU 41-31.
The Sooners are back on the road for a 6 p.m. Wednesday game at Baylor.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 17205Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9411Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9383Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6982Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6824Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6420Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6294Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit