Oklahoma basketball notebook: Sooners stop Oral Roberts' home win streak
Before Wednesday night, Oral Roberts University had won 24 straight basketball games in the Mabee Center.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
GOLDEN EAGLES' DYNAMIC DUO
Steven Roundtree and senior Warren Niles created a lot of problems on Wednesday night for the Sooners.
Roundtree led ORU in rebounds with eight before fouling out with less than 20 seconds remaining.
Niles was a scoring threat, which the Sooners knew coming into the game.
At least four different Sooners — Buddy Hield, Sam Grooms, Je'lon Hornbeak and Isaiah Cousins — spent significant time covering Niles. ORU has won all three games this season in which Niles has scored 20 points or more. On Wednesday night, the Sooners held Niles to 19 points and five rebounds.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in