Oklahoma basketball: Road doesn't get easier for Sooners in tough Big 12 stretch
The Sooners have lost two of three games already in a difficult seven-game stretch — and the next four opponents are Baylor, Iowa State, Kansas and Kansas State.
At Iowa State (6 p.m. Feb. 4): The matchup with the Cyclones is probably OU's best chance at a win during this stretch. This is one of those games that coach Lon Kruger and basketball analysts refer to as “stealing one on the road.” However, this is the same team that almost beat Kansas in Allen Fieldhouse on Jan. 9 before a last-second shot sent the game to overtime. Stealing a win in Ames could be harder than it seems.
Kansas (3 p.m. Feb. 9): The Sooners end their tough seven-game stretch against Kansas. That doesn't give them much time to prepare for a rematch with the Jayhawks' Jeff Withey. The 7-0 center dominated in Kansas' 67-54 win over OU on Saturday, blocking four shots in addition to his 13 points and nine rebounds.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 13429Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 13120OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10230Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 8771Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7569Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5530Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5367Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?