Oklahoma basketball: Sharane Campbell improves her rebounding
OU guard is working harder on the offensive glass as the Sooners look to rebound from a loss to Iowa State.
NO. 22 OKLAHOMA AT KANSAS
When: 1:30 p.m. Sunday
Where: Allen Fieldhouse; Lawrence, Kan.
TV: ESPN2 (Cox 28/HD 721, Dish 144, DirecTV 209, U-verse 606/HD 1606)
Radio: KOKC-AM 1520, KREF-AM 1400
Three things to know
Kansas senior guard Angel Goodrich led Sequoyah-Tahlequah to three state titles and one runner-up finish during her remarkable high school basketball career.
The Jayhawks overcame a 23-point first-half deficit to win 76-75 Wednesday at TCU in their last outing.
In its last outing, Oklahoma had its two-game win streak snapped in a 72-68 home loss to Iowa State.
“A couple weeks ago, (coach Sherri Coale) pulled out a stat sheet for everybody. Out of the whole (Big 12) season, I only had nine offensive boards. I was like, ‘Oh, umm ...'
“That speaks for itself. I need to get in there and rebound. Whitney isn't here, so who's gonna crash the offensive boards? I'm one of the bigger guards, so why not me?”
Last week, you guys went to Kansas State and snapped a three-game road losing streak. How important was it to finally get back to winning on the road?
“That was a very big win. Every game is important, though ... whenever you can get any win, it's a good thing.”
This will be OU's first time to face Kansas this season. What sorts of challenges does KU present?
“We've seen that they push the ball on offense, but we can exploit them on defense in transition. If we just give back to them what they throw at everybody, I think we can exploit that.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims