Oklahoma basketball: Sooners beat No. 5 Kansas
OU senior forward Romero Osby had 17 points in the Sooners' 72-66 upset of No. 5 Kansas.
Videoview all videos
Feb 10Watch the unedited version of OU students storming the...
Feb 9Romero Osby scored 17 points and grabbed 8 rebounds, as...
Photoview all 35 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Since that last game against Kansas, Oklahoma had the high of beating Baylor on the road and the low of a 19-point loss to Iowa State in Ames, Iowa. A plus and a minus for the NCAA Tournament resume.
Osby has been their rock, pushing the team in practice to get better, to stay energized in hopes of a new result to help their case for March.
The Sooners changed as a team.
“Coach told me, ‘Hey, you're not going to make every shot. Don't worry about it, just stay in the gym,'” Osby said. “That's what I did.”
The Jayhawks (19-4, 7-3 Big 12) could see the difference.
“It's a good team,” Kansas forward Elijah Johnson said. “Osby gave them so much. ... They're energetic. They like to play basketball. That's one thing I can say about them as a group. They like to play basketball.”
Saturday night showed just another change in a season of differences from the Sooners, who matched their win total from last season (15) with their victory Saturday night.
As the final seconds ticked off the clock, Pledger hoped to share his first victory over the Jayhawks with the fans. He hoped for a court rush.
“I see that on TV all the time,” Pledger said. “I always wished we could get something like that to happen. I didn't think they were gonna let them do that. But I turned around and everyone was rushing to me. So I started jumping, too.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 15646Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9491Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8139Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7458Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 7219Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6377Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6374Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit