Oklahoma basketball: Sooners beat Texas A&M in All-College Classic
Cameron Clark crossed from the right side, launched himself into the air and slammed the ball through the hoop.
With just three minutes remaining in the first half Saturday, the Oklahoma junior reserve made a dunk almost just like one he'd made in practice three days earlier.
Videoview all videos
Dec 15Cam Clark scored 17 points off the bench, as the Sooners...
Photoview all 6 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
With that move, Clark showed what his teammates had seen previously: Give him time, and his athleticism and attacking abilities will take over.
And he wasn't done yet. Clark scored 13 points in the second half to spark the Sooners to a 64-54 win over Texas A&M in the All-College Classic at Chesapeake Energy Arena.
Clark finished the game with 17 points and was named the All-College Classic MVP. Senior Romero Osby led OU with 19 points, and freshman Buddy Hield added 12 points.
“It felt good,” Clark said about his production from the bench. “I just had more opportunities to create and attack more.”
The game was a physical, ugly brawl for a basket. The Aggies (7-2) had 19 turnovers, matching their season worst as they snapped a four-game winning streak. Elston Turner led Texas A&M with 17 points and Ray Turner scored 12.
Sooner starters Amath M'Baye, Je'lon Hornbeak and Isaiah Cousins combined to go 0-for-13 from the floor and 0-for-7 from beyond the arc. Hornbeak, who made two free throws, was the only one of the three to score.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims