Oklahoma basketball: Sooners beat Texas Tech for fifth straight win
Romero Osby scored 17 points, all but two in the second half, and Oklahoma extended its winning streak to five games, beating Texas Tech 81-63 on Wednesday night.
Videoview all videos
Jan 17Romero Osby and Buddy Hield led the way as five Sooners...
Photoview all 17 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
“My teammates were finding me in certain spots,” Osby said about his second-half burst. “I didn't have to make many individual moves. They were catching me in certain spots. It's a testament to them.”
Throughout a majority of the game, senior Sam Grooms directed the Sooners from his position at point guard. Grooms also directed the Sooners in their last victory, which came against Oklahoma State.
“ ... when it comes to a game ... he's like the perfect point guard,” Fitzgerald said. “He does the little stuff more now and he's getting us extra assists and he's pushing the ball more. He really has been a great player for us coming off the bench.”
Oklahoma will return to the road for its second conference game away from Norman. OU plays Kansas State on Saturday.
“Kansas State is very good,” Kruger said. “High-ranked team in the country. Coach (Bruce) Weber's done a great job with the group. Tough game. Our guys know that and we have to continue to play better. Our challenge is to keep improving our habits.”
For now, those habits are based on ten players, led by Mr. Consistency, Romero Osby.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 25585Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 23461Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims