Oklahoma basketball: Sooners beat UTEP at Old Spice Classic
Although they never lost their lead, the Sooners saw their advantage fall to within the single digits with just under four minutes remaining in the game after a UTEP 3-pointer. Back-to-back Oklahoma fouls, with a blocked shot in between by Osby, brought UTEP within four with a 1:40 left in the game.
With a minute remaining on the clock, senior Steven Pledger got the ball in the right corner of the court — a spot where he spent a majority of his night — and drained a 3.
“We gave them a chance to get back in there late and we went a long stretch there in the second half not getting in a shot, just a couple free throws,” Kruger said. “It was a good win for our guys and a good way to start a tournament.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21771Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7615Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6773OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6490OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5293Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4906Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4032Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater