Oklahoma basketball: Sooners hold on to beat Baylor on the road
WACO, Texas — Amath M'Baye and Steven Pledger both scored 20 points, and Oklahoma held on for a 74-71 victory at Baylor on Wednesday night to tie the Bears for second place in the Big 12.
Baylor (14-6, 5-2 Big 12) trailed by 16 in the second half before twice cutting the deficit to one. Sooners freshman guard Buddy Hield spun and drove for a bank shot with 1:06 left, and Pledger made two free throws with 8.6 seconds left.
Romero Osby added 11 points for Oklahoma (14-5, 5-2).
Big 12 scoring leader Pierre Jackson had 22 points for Baylor, but missed a 3-pointer with 3 seconds left. Brady Heslip grabbed the rebound and stepped back, but his shot rattled off the rim as time ran out, though his foot might have been on the line anyway.
Isaiah Austin, Baylor's 7-foot-1 freshman, had 17 points and 21 rebounds.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 64632Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14648Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8984Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7016Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6971How to help tornado victims
- 6471Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6275Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes