Oklahoma basketball: Sooners hold on to beat Baylor on the road
WACO, Texas — Amath M'Baye and Steven Pledger both scored 20 points, and Oklahoma held on for a 74-71 victory at Baylor on Wednesday night to tie the Bears for second place in the Big 12.
Baylor (14-6, 5-2 Big 12) trailed by 16 in the second half before twice cutting the deficit to one. Sooners freshman guard Buddy Hield spun and drove for a bank shot with 1:06 left, and Pledger made two free throws with 8.6 seconds left.
Romero Osby added 11 points for Oklahoma (14-5, 5-2).
Big 12 scoring leader Pierre Jackson had 22 points for Baylor, but missed a 3-pointer with 3 seconds left. Brady Heslip grabbed the rebound and stepped back, but his shot rattled off the rim as time ran out, though his foot might have been on the line anyway.
Isaiah Austin, Baylor's 7-foot-1 freshman, had 17 points and 21 rebounds.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101883Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 13737Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10731Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 9553OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 8470Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7788How to help tornado victims
- 7217Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area