Oklahoma basketball: Steven Pledger helps Sooners to win over Texas A&M-Corpus Christi
Steven Pledger had 17 points in the Sooners' 72-42 victory over Texas A&M-Corpus Christi.
Photoview all 15 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
“I'm just glad we were able to jump on top like that and keep the pedal to the metal,” M'Baye said.
But what do Pledger's shoes have to do with Oklahoma's 30-point victory?
He said the old pair of red Nikes that he got after his freshman season are the reason he's shooting so well. Pledger went 6-for-15 in total field goals and 5-for-10 from the 3-point line Monday.
“Those are the shoes that I have had major games in, minus a pair of Kobes that I had my 38 (points) in,” Pledger said. “The other 30-point games, the other really good games that I have, they've been in those shoes.”
In the other games this season, he's worn that pair of Kobe Bryant shoes. He changed into his old shoes after the first half against Ohio on Saturday and went 6-for-8 in the second half of that game. He's scored 31 points since the switch.
Is there anything special about those red Nikes that his equipment manager said look like a pair of sneakers he is going to run straight through?
“Not to the eye, but they're special to me,” Pledger said. “I've always kept them in case I had to go back, go back to my roots.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 60552Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32931Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 31925Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 12639Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 8214Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5947Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3659Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman