Oklahoma basketball: Texas Tech notches first Big 12 win with 65-47 victory over OU
OU BASKETBALL — Any hopes the OU men's basketball team had for postseason play took a major hit Saturday with a loss to last-place Texas Tech.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Although it was the taller team, Oklahoma couldn't take advantage. The Sooners missed shots down low and didn't score in the paint in the second half until 12:15 remained, when Groom whittled OU's deficit to 38-34.
Texas Tech took advantage of the Sooners' 16 turnovers, getting 12 points off them. Texas Tech, which averaged 17.4 turnovers coming into the game, had just seven.
Texas Tech led 25-22 at halftime, the first lead the Red Raiders held at the break in a Big 12 game this season. It was the lowest point total allowed by the Red Raiders in a half this year.
The Red Raiders used a 9-2 run late in the first half to take the lead, with five points by Willis and two each by Jaye Crockett and Jordan Tolbert. Tolbert's points came on an emphatic dunk.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims