Oklahoma basketball: What does beating Kansas mean for Oklahoma?
The upset victory has raised several questions — questions that need answers before the Sooners tip off against TCU on Monday night.
Videoview all videos
Feb 10Watch the unedited version of OU students storming the...
Feb 9Romero Osby scored 17 points and grabbed 8 rebounds, as...
Photoview all 34 photos
“Well he made 2 out of 4 (Saturday) night, and lately his percentage is pretty good. ... Right now he's been shooting the ball well in practice. His confidence level is way up and we like seeing him take them.” — Kruger
M'Baye wouldn't be launching 3-point attempts if Kruger wasn't comfortable with him doing it.
What do players such as Cam Clark and Andrew Fitzgerald mean for this team?
“They were starters last year, and they could be selfish this year and have a bad attitude because they're coming off the bench. They haven't displayed it at all. They have good games. They have bad games. But lately, they've been really stepping up and it's been good for us.” — senior Romero Osby
Fitzgerald agrees he has done even better in his reserve role. His 6-foot-8 frame causes problems for opponents in the post, and he's aggressive. He has the most boards of any player off the bench. As for Clark, he is dangerous on the perimeter. He holds the second-highest field goal percentage on the team (. 487).
What was the best moment of Saturday night, and do you think that win will put OU into the NCAA Tournament?
“When the clock said 0.0 and it meant we won. ... and I think it is, but we're not really focused on that (NCAA Tournament) right now.” – senior reserve Andrew Fitzgerald
Not only does Saturday night's victory over Kansas look like it will put Oklahoma in the tournament — barring any extreme blowouts to TCU, Texas Tech or Texas — the Sooners' victory over the Jayhawks will also likely help their seeding.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 13061Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11652Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5853Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5268Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4547OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4352Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4093Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law