Oklahoma bioscience sector employment slips in last decade, report says
A report by Battelle and the Biotechnology Industry Organization said biotech jobs pay more than average in Oklahoma, and the sector directly employs more than 8,800 people.
“Defining biosciences industries requires analyzing standard industrial classifications at the most detailed level to identify those involved in bioscience-related activities,” the report stated.
“These bioscience industries fall into a broad array of higher-level industries, such as chemical and food manufacturing, professional, scientific and technical services and, increasingly, distribution services.”
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 27538Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15649Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10393Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9809Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9381Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8402Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8325Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena