Oklahoma brothers are held in man's shooting death
Two McLoud brothers are being held in the weekend shooting death of Adam Pacheco, 27, who was seen with one of the brothers shortly before his death, authorities say.
MCLOUD — Two brothers with arrest records are being held in the weekend shooting death of Adam Pacheco, 27, who was seen with one of the brothers shortly before his death, authorities say.
Andrew Fish and Reuben Fish are being held at the Pottawatomie County jail but have not been charged with a crime in connection with Pacheco's death, District Attorney Richard Smothermon said Monday afternoon.
Pacheco's body was found Saturday morning at the Twin Lakes dam in Shawnee, Smothermon said. The victim appeared to have multiple gunshot wounds, but the cause and manner of death are pending. Smothermon said the investigation is in the early stages.
“We don't have any motive or anything much yet to release,” the prosecutor said. “We don't even have the reports.”
Smothermon said Andrew Fish, the victim and another person were seen together Friday night in McLoud and were questioned by a police officer, who documented the encounter.
“That's what led them to Andrew Fish's house following the discovery of the body the next morning,” Smothermon said. “When officers got to his house, they saw blood on his vehicle … really it was just good police work.”
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90799Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction