Oklahoma brothers are held in man's shooting death
Two McLoud brothers are being held in the weekend shooting death of Adam Pacheco, 27, who was seen with one of the brothers shortly before his death, authorities say.
MCLOUD — Two brothers with arrest records are being held in the weekend shooting death of Adam Pacheco, 27, who was seen with one of the brothers shortly before his death, authorities say.
Andrew Fish and Reuben Fish are being held at the Pottawatomie County jail but have not been charged with a crime in connection with Pacheco's death, District Attorney Richard Smothermon said Monday afternoon.
Pacheco's body was found Saturday morning at the Twin Lakes dam in Shawnee, Smothermon said. The victim appeared to have multiple gunshot wounds, but the cause and manner of death are pending. Smothermon said the investigation is in the early stages.
“We don't have any motive or anything much yet to release,” the prosecutor said. “We don't even have the reports.”
Smothermon said Andrew Fish, the victim and another person were seen together Friday night in McLoud and were questioned by a police officer, who documented the encounter.
“That's what led them to Andrew Fish's house following the discovery of the body the next morning,” Smothermon said. “When officers got to his house, they saw blood on his vehicle … really it was just good police work.”
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 20835Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17666Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12055Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 10703Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 9067Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8577Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 8462Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments