Oklahoma businessmen with Global Leadership Inc. travel to Ukraine to foster ethics, leadership
Oklahoma nonprofit Global Leadership Inc. seeks to promote ethics and leadership among business people in other countries.
From the window of a train, the vast wheat fields of Ukraine looked familiar to Edmond CPA Mike Bell.
“It looks remarkably like western Oklahoma,” Bell said.
More information about Global Leadership, Inc. can be found at www.global
Bell is one of a group of local businessmen who have traveled to the Ukraine several times during the past few years with the group Global Leadership Inc. to speak to up-and-coming community and business leaders in the country.
The businessmen keep going back year after year to speak with everyone from university students to local chambers of commerce groups.
The goal of the trips is to foster a new business environment in the country, which still lacks strong business leaders decades after the fall of communism, said Brad Yarbrough, Oklahoma City businessman and Global Leadership Inc. board member.
In Ukraine, businesspeople are often treated with suspicion, Yarbrough said.
“Over there, if you say you are a businessman, they think you are trying to steal from people,” he said.
The group speaks to business leaders and students in the Ukraine the importance of community leadership and the ethical business practices, such as the golden rule.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort