Oklahoma caged toddler case arraignment postponed
TULSA (AP) — Arraignment for a Tulsa man charged with locking his toddler daughter in a metal cage has been postponed.
Monday's scheduled arraignment for the man in Tulsa County District Court on felony charges of child neglect was reset for April 1.
The Associated Press is not naming the father to protect the child's identity. He has pleaded not guilty.
Authorities say they found the child locked in an animal crate in November after a neighbor saw the man's 3-year-old daughter naked outside the home and got no response when he knocked on the door. Police say a third child was found unsupervised inside the home and the man was found unresponsive.
The father later told police he had taken a painkiller a muscle relaxer, an anti-seizure medication and drank a beer.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 33271Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 24362Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6895OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6548Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4476OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4156Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3398Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater