Oklahoma caged toddler case arraignment postponed
TULSA (AP) — Arraignment for a Tulsa man charged with locking his toddler daughter in a metal cage has been postponed.
Monday's scheduled arraignment for the man in Tulsa County District Court on felony charges of child neglect was reset for April 1.
The Associated Press is not naming the father to protect the child's identity. He has pleaded not guilty.
Authorities say they found the child locked in an animal crate in November after a neighbor saw the man's 3-year-old daughter naked outside the home and got no response when he knocked on the door. Police say a third child was found unsupervised inside the home and the man was found unresponsive.
The father later told police he had taken a painkiller a muscle relaxer, an anti-seizure medication and drank a beer.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 13061Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11652Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5853Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5268Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4547OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4352Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4093Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law