Oklahoma Christian University students will graduate Friday and Saturday
Oklahoma Christian University's winter commencement ceremonies are scheduled for Friday and Saturday. Former Gov. George Nigh and Beam's Industries President Mike Bosley will address 166 graduates.
Former Oklahoma Gov. George Nigh and Beam's Industries President Mike Bosley will address graduates at Oklahoma Christian University's winter commencement ceremonies Friday and Saturday.
Nigh is scheduled to speak at the undergraduate ceremony at 10 a.m. Friday. Bosley, who holds bachelor's and master's degrees from Oklahoma Christian, will speak at the graduate ceremony at 10:30 a.m. Saturday.
Oklahoma Christian will present degrees to 90 undergraduate candidates from 35 majors and to 76 master's degree candidates from 14 areas of study.
“We are honored to have these two distinguished leaders share their knowledge and experiences with our graduates,” said John deSteiguer, Oklahoma Christian president.
“They are great examples of the impact you can make when you're dedicated to serving others, no matter what career path you choose.”
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister