Oklahoma City animal shelter will have Valentine's adoption special
The Oklahoma City Animal Shelter is having a Valentine's Day adoption special beginning Sunday with adoption fees cut in half. Sunday will also feature special Valentine's Day-themed activities and giveaways at the shelter.
If you're searching for Valentine's Day love, the Oklahoma City Animal Shelter hopes you'll choose the furry kind during an adoption special that begins Sunday.
Animals at the shelter can be adopted for $25, half the normal price, from Sunday through Saturday for the “Find Your Forever Love” adoption special.
Sunday features a photographer from noon to about 3 p.m. to take Valentine's Day-themed photos of new owners and their adopted pet, face painting for children, light refreshments and other activities.
A limited number of free goody bags for the first bunch of dog and cat adopters also will be available. Adopted dogs will get free Valentine's Day bandannas.
The adoption special serves as an unofficial kickoff for the shelter's
Mook and her colleagues hope singles, couples and families alike can find a new furry friend to love for Valentine's Day.
“There's nothing that ties people together quite like saving a life,” she said.
The Oklahoma City Animal Shelter, SE 29 and Bryant Avenue, is open for adoptions from noon to 5:45 p.m. every day except holidays.
Animals eligible for adoption are spayed or neutered, up-to-date on their vaccinations and have been treated for worms.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in