• Improvements to make libraries comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act: $351,000. A contract was awarded Feb. 2. Construction begins in March.
• Sidewalk improvements downtown and at Bodine Elementary School: $721,047. A contract is scheduled to be awarded April 23.
• Improvements to the Heartline 2-1-1 service that provides phone access to health and human services: $100,000. Service upgrades have been purchased and installed.
• Healing Hands Inc.: $100,000. The procurement process is under way to purchase a van to carry homeless people.
• Homelessness prevention and rapid re-housing: $2,161,404. Contracts have been awarded and 119 families have been helped so far.
• Assessments for Brownfields sites, which are environmentally contaminated areas: $400,000. Assessments have been done at the downtown U.S. Post Office site, the Downtown Airpark and the OG&E site and NE 2 and Lottie.
• Low-interest loans for remediation of Brownfields sites: $900,000. No loans have been made yet.
• Wiley Post Airport lighting: $428,500. The airport’s lighting control system has been upgraded.
• Will Rogers World Airport lighting: $2,100,000. Lighting upgrades for taxiways and the runway are under way and are scheduled to be complete in September. Oklahoma Stimulus page
Officially Licensed Sports Gear! Shop 1000's of NFL Team Products.