Oklahoma City Auto Show arrives at State Fair Park, opens with Jeep obstacle course
Two dozen auto manufacturers have 2013 and 2014 models on display at Oklahoma City International Auto Show, which continues through Sunday.
From hot rods to hybrids and minivans to Minis, the 2013 Oklahoma City International Auto Show has vehicles to please anyone's taste.
Many visitors on the opening day Thursday said they came just to see what's new. Two dozen automobile manufacturers were debuting 2013 and 2014 models at the show, which continues through Sunday.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
If you go
Jaws were dropping in the Chevrolet exhibit, where a cherry red 2013 Camaro ZL1 coupe and a 2013 Corvette ZR1 were parked. The Corvette, white with a gray racing stripe down the center, has a sticker price of more than $125,000.
While some attendees may have been looking seriously with the intent of buying soon, most just like to browse.
“I'm a car bug so I like to come out and see what's new,” said Robert Shortley, of Oklahoma City, peering in the window of a 2014 Subaru Forester, an all-wheel-drive SUV that advertises 32 miles per gallon. Shortley joked that owning five vehicles (a golf cart, a Cadillac Eldorado, a Nissan Altima, a GMC pickup and a Lexus ES 350) prevents him from buying another.
The auto show is more interactive this year, with the Camp Jeep exhibit inside the Oklahoma Expo Hall. Showgoers are able to ride along with a professional driver on an obstacle course featuring an 18-foot mountain with a 35-degree incline, a split ramp and other rough terrain with logs and stumps.
Camp Jeep has been at just a handful of other auto shows, mostly in large markets, organizers said.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 10801Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10490Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10422Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9824Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 6498Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4191Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4093Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes