Oklahoma City Barons: Brandon Davidson returns to lineup
Defenseman played first game since Oct. 28. Davidson underwent treatment for testicular cancer.
Defenseman Brandon Davidson, who underwent treatment for testicular cancer, returned Friday night. It was Davidson's first game since Oct. 28. He was in the starting lineup and received a standing ovation.
NewsOK Related Articles
“I felt like I had been out forever,” Davidson said. “I can't describe how much I missed the game and how much this meant to me. It was definitely a stepping stone moving forward. I was very emotional with all the fans being very appreciative.”
Davidson played forward for the first time in years filling in for Antti Tyrvainen, who was sidelined by an upper body strain.
“I think it's the first time since I was 15 years old,” Davidson said after Oklahoma City's 4-3 victory over Grand Rapids at the Cox Center. “It was definitely a change of pace, that's for sure.”
OILERS GOALIE COACH IN OKC
Edmonton goaltender coach Fred Chabot has been in Oklahoma City all week working with three Barons goaltenders. Niko Hovinen, picked up off waivers by the Oilers, got his second consecutive start.
“It was a good chance for Freddie to see him in a game so he has something to go on,” said Barons coach Todd Nelson. “Now he can work on certain things with Niko.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 39102Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15291Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9778Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9437Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9040Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7843Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7624Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister