Oklahoma City Barons continue road trip with three games this weekend
Oklahoma City takes on Midwest Division teams Grand Rapids, Milwaukee and Chicago. Barons add defenseman.
OKLAHOMA CITY BARONS
When: 6 p.m. Friday (Grand Rapids); 7 p.m. Saturday (Milwaukee); 4 p.m. Sunday (Chicago)
Where: VanAndel Arena (Grand Rapids); AllState Arena (Chicago); Bradley Center (Milwaukee)
Radio: 96.1 KXY-FM, Jim Byers play-by-play
Scouting report: The Barons (17-11-4) play three games in three days in three different cities. This will be the Barons' first meeting of the season against the Grand Rapids Griffins (18-10-2) and the Chicago Wolves (14-11-4). Oklahoma City swept a two-game home series against the Milwaukee Admirals (15-13-3) in mid-November, winning 2-1 in overtime and 5-2. ... Oklahoma City has added defenseman Kane Lafranchise, a second-year pro from the Alaska Aces of the East Coast Hockey League. Lafranchise has 21 points in 30 games this season. ... Barons defenseman Nathan Deck, who started the season with Double-A Stockton, was named to the ECHL All-Star team. Stockton forward Toni Rajala, who has had brief stints with the Barons this season, was also named to the ECHL team. ... The Barons Jordan Eberle leads the American Hockey League in scoring (49 points) and goals (24). Rookie defenseman Justin Schultz is second in scoring (45 points) and leads the league with 28 assists. Taylor Hall has scored 33 points in 24 games. Mark Arcobello (30 points) also is among the league's top dozen scorers. ... Gustav Nyquist (29 points) leads Grand Rapids in scoring. Griffins goaltender Peter Mrazek is fifth in goals against average (2.12).
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 33746Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15554Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10129Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9883Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9568Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8114Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8089Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister