Oklahoma City Barons: Jordan Eberle's hat trick breaks records
Barons notebook: Oklahoma City also added two more power-play goals in Monday's win over Texas
Jordan Eberle scoring two goals in a nine-second span was the fastest back-to-back goals in the Barons' three-year history.
Eberle scoring three goals in a 3-minute, 43-second span in the first period also shattered the franchise record.
NewsOK Related Articles
“I didn't feel the greatest after the first shift,” Eberle said. “You get a couple shots off, and they go in for you, all of a sudden the game changes for you.”
In 2010, Brad Moran scored three goals for the Barons in an 8-minute, eight-second span.
Two more power play goals
Leading the American Hockey League in power play percentage (24.4 percent), the Barons scored two more power play goals in Monday's 5-2 win over the Texas Stars.
Eberle scored with the man advantage at the end of the first period. Jordan Schultz added a power-play goal midway through the second period. OKC has scored 34 power play goals in 31 games.
Bringing in the New Year
If players stayed up to welcome in the New Year, they got little sleep. The Barons had an early morning flight scheduled to Houston where they'll open a four-game road trip Tuesday at 5:05 p.m.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in