Oklahoma City Barons notebook: Edmonton Oilers call up four more players
Teemu Hartikainen, Magnus Paajarvi, Chris VandeVelde, Colten Teubert join “Fab Four” in Edmonton's NHL camp.
Edmonton called up forwards Teemu Hartikainen, Magnus Paajarvi and Chris VandeVelde and defenseman Colten Teubert for training camp, which started Sunday.
NewsOK Related Articles
The Oilers have 25 players in camp. They must trim their roster to 23 before they open a revamped 48-game season next week.
Hartikainen and Paajarvi are projected to make the Oilers' roster while VandeVelde and Teubert most likely will be reassigned to Oklahoma City.
HARTIKAINEN'S FINAL GAME IN OKC?
Hartikainen is one of only seven players that have played at least one game in all three Barons seasons. Projected to stick with the Oilers all season, Hartikainen might have played his final game at the Cox Convention Center Saturday night.
“It's been great for me,” Hartikainen said. “I have a lot of good friends here. I got a lot of ice time my three years here, including the power play. I scored a lot of points in this building. It's been a great feeling, some really good memories.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister