Oklahoma City Barons notebook: OKC to sign Jonathan Cheechoo?
Jonathan Cheechoo, a 32-year-old former NHL All-Star, attended the Barons' game Saturday night, fueling speculation the free agent forward will sign with Oklahoma City as early as Sunday.
NewsOK Related Articles
Defenseman Alex Plante, who injured his shoulder in a fight last weekend, was held out of Friday's and Saturday's games as a precautionary scratch. ... More than half of the players on NHL opening day rosters — 626 — have played in the AHL. ... Entering Saturday's game Oklahoma City was 30th, last in the AHL in attendance, averaging around 3,500 fans a game. ... The Barons are giving away a new vehicle every at Saturday home game. Pamela Hanna became the eighth new vehicle winner. Hanna won a Dodge Ram with the closest guess of total weight for a Clydesdale horse and heifer (3,100 pounds) on FFA night.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims