Oklahoma City Barons: Ryan Nugent-Hopkins likely out of Barons lineup for a month
The Barons and Edmonton Oilers star expected to play for Team Canada in World Juniors Tournament in Russia
Nugent-Hopkins, 19, has never played in a junior world tournament. He was cut from Canada's national junior team in December 2010. The following year, selected No. 1 overall, he made the Oilers and skipped the world juniors.
“We support him in whatever decision he makes,” Nelson said. “If he decides he wants to play for Team Canada that's fantastic. If he'd rather come back here, that's great, too.”
Nelson said he plans to substitute Mark Arcobello in Nugent-Hopkins' slot on the Barons' No. 1 line alongside Eberle and Hall this weekend in San Antonio.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12675Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11502Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6315Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5431Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 5078Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4467OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3964How to help tornado victims