Oklahoma City Barons: Seven-game road trip might be good for Barons' chemistry
Oklahoma City begins three-week road trip six standings points behind South Division leader Charlotte
Riding some momentum, the Oklahoma City Barons begin a seven-game, three-week road trip Wednesday night against the Texas Stars in Round Rock.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Entering the American Hockey League game, the Barons have won three of their last four games, collecting seven of eight possible points. The lone loss was in overtime.
“Anytime you go on a road trip I think guys look forward to it,” said Barons forward Jordan Eberle. “You gain chemistry throughout the lineup on the bus, at the hotel or wherever. I think it's good we're going into the road trip with a bit of confidence.”
The Barons (8-5-2) have climbed to sixth in the Western Conference. Oklahoma City is second in the South Division, six standings points behind Charlotte.
All seven games on the road trip are against South Division rivals. The Barons will play Charlotte, Houston and San Antonio two games each.
“It's a good time for us to go on the road for an extended time,” said coach Todd Nelson. “The guys really jell together when they're on the road. There are less distractions. Historically, our teams have done pretty well on the road. Hopefully that continues.”
Roster moves: The Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday assigned forwards Toni Rajala and Cameron Abney to the Barons. Rajala leads Stockton in the ECHL in scoring with 23 points, including 11 goals. Abney has split time between Stockton and OKC. With the Barons, Abney has appeared in three games and served seven penalty minutes.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in