Oklahoma City Barons: Taylor Hall's hat trick, Mark Arcobello's four assists lead Barons to win
Oklahoma City signs enforcer Erick Lizon to player tryout contract. Lizon played for the Oklahoma City Blazers during the 2007-2008 season.
CEDAR PARK, Texas — Taylor Hall had a hat trick, and Mark Arcobello added four assists as the Oklahoma City Barons beat the Texas Stars 5-4 Thursday night in an American Hockey League game at Cedar Park Center. Hall scored two goals, a 1 minute, 30 seconds apart, in the third period to help the Barons pull out a big road victory.
Oklahoma City (15-10-4) never trailed in the game, but 5,354 fans watched Texas (15-10-5) stay close throughout. Hall's 12th goal of the season, with 5:47 left in the game, gave the Barons a 5-3 lead. But Colton Sceviour answered just 1:02 later with his second goal of the game for Texas.
The Stars failed to get the tying goal after coach Willie Desjardins pulled goaltender Jack Campbell for an extra attacker with 1:18 left in the game.
Arcobello assisted on all three Hall goals, two of which were with a man advantage.
Jordan Eberle's first-period power-play score, with an assist from Arcobello, gave Oklahoma City a 1-0 lead. Teemu Hartikainen added an even-strength goal in the second period.
BARONS SIGN LIZON
The Barons added muscle to the club Thursday, signing forward Erick Lizon to a player-tryout contract. The 6-foot-4, 234-pound Lizon is coming in from the Wichita Thunder of the Central Hockey League. He has three points and 71 penalty minutes in 24 games for the Thunder. Lizon played 23 games for the Oklahoma City Blazers during the 2007-2008 season; he had five points and 67 penalty minutes. Lizon has AHL experience, playing eight games two years ago for the Worcester Sharks.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14121OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 13945Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 8893Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6932Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5880Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5330Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 5280Student shot dead during botched home invasion