Oklahoma City Barons: Yann Danis, Mark Arcobello lead Barons to overtime victory
Oklahoma City and Milwaukee play again 7 p.m. Saturday at the Cox Center.
NewsOK Related Articles
“The goals he's been giving up, very rarely do you think, ‘I think he could have had that,'” said OKC defenseman Taylor Fedun, who scored his first professional goal to tie the game 1-1. “We need to give him a little more help. Today, they had a lot of shots on net, but a lot of them were from the perimeter.”
Danis notched a 2.24 goals against average last season. His GAA has been above 3.00 most of this season. Nelson said much of that can be attributed to an inconsistent defense.
“We were exchanging too many chances early in the year and were exposing both our goalies,” Nelson said. “We need to play well in front of him. Sometimes Yann has to make a big save for us to win. That's what he did tonight.”
The Admirals (6-6-1) took a 1-0 lead early in the second period when the Barons failed to clear the puck out of the crease. Milwaukee center Austin Watson flipped the puck over Danis, who had dropped to his knees to make a save.
It would be the Admirals' only goal against Danis, a 31-year-old veteran on a young team.
“I felt great the whole game,” Danis said. “They got a lot of shots, but compared to previous games, not too many back-doors. Guys did a great job all night clearing in front of the net. If I can see it most of the time I'm going to stop it.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 18759Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10409Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9339Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7780Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6796UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6582Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6498Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister