Oklahoma City boy, 11, accused of raping younger sister
An Oklahoma City mother and son were arrested Friday after police were notified a 6-year-old girl had been raped at her home. The mother was arrested on a complaint of failure to report child abuse. The boy was arrested on a rape complaint.
A mother and son were arrested Friday following reports that a 6-year-old girl had been raped, Oklahoma City police said.
Police went to the victim's home in the 4000 block of Rancho Drive about 4:20 p.m. Friday after a state Department of Human Services worker told them the girl had been sexually assaulted by her brother, 11, and her cousin.
The girl told the DHS worker the incident happened Wednesday in her room. She said her mother told her not to tell anyone, according to the police report.
The mother told the DHS worker she did not take the girl to the hospital or report the incident. The brother and the cousin were accusing each other of raping the girl, according to the report.
An older sister told police she found out about the incident Thursday and told her mother, who said she knew about it.
The brother was arrested on a rape complaint and was taken to the Berry House. The mother was arrested on a complaint of failure to report child abuse and was taken to Oklahoma County jail.
The girl was taken to the hospital and then put into protective custody.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 88132Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 35601Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction