Oklahoma City Community College’s Upward Bound program receives federal grant
The Department of Education will fund the OCCC program for the next 5 years. The program aims to increase the educational attainment of low income and first generation college students across the country.
“Whatever happens in life there will always be ups and downs, but if you are willing to put in the effort to make things better, things can change.”
Max Nguyen, 16, writes down quotes he likes as he hears them from others, but that one is all him.
It’s just something he picked up along the way, he said.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in